Welcome to the website of the North East Suffolk Branch of CAMRA
The NE Suffolk CAMRA branch meets at least once a month and this is usually on a Saturday.
We try to visit places served by public transport and we hope to continue getting the excellent attendances we have experienced to date. Start times are given as a guide and public transport connections are taken into account before starting any formal proceedings.
We have started a
Mid Month Meander in order to survey all the pubs in the branch area. Look out for these and join us if you can.
Branch socials and meetings are shown in the Branch Diary and Branch Events pages. They are also mentioned in
What's Brewing and should appear in
Last Orders, the newsletter of the Suffolk & North Essex CAMRA branches. Beer festivals run by pubs can be found listed on the Pub Events page.
What's New on the web site
Updated Dec 23, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Oct-Dec 2016 added to Branch News
Updated Dec 11, 2016
Voting form for GBG 2018 branch allocation added to Members' Area
Updated Nov 28, 2016
Stanford Arms, Lowestoft named by CAMRA as one of four finalists in its search for the best pub in Britain - see Branch News
Updated Oct 3, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Jul-Sep 2016 added to Branch News
Updated Sep 23, 2016
Stanford Arms, Lowestoft named by CAMRA as best pub in East Anglia - see Branch News
Updated Sep 23, 2016
Branch socials for Nov16-Jan17 added to Branch Events
Updated Sep 16, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Apr-Jun 2016 added to Branch News
Updated Jun 29, 2016
Branch socials for Aug-Oct 2016 added to Branch Events
Updated May 9, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Jan-Mar 2016 added to Branch News
Updated April 6, 2016
- Added a link to our new Twitter feed.
- Changed Facebook link to our new Facebook group
- Added a picture of our Young Members Officer, Chris Stone
- Added Trinity Ales to the list of local breweries and added our definition of LocAle
- Corrected link to Mid Anglia Branch website
Updated April 2, 2016
News about the branch social media accounts added to Branch News
Updated April 1, 2016
Branch socials for Apr-Jul 2016 added to Branch Events
Updated March 12, 2016
Added Pubs of The Year in Branch News
Updated Jan 2, 2016
Added Good Beer Guide 2017 voting form to Members' Area
Updated Nov 2, 2015
Added details of branch socials and AGM to Branch Events page
Updated Nov 1, 2015
Added details of GBG 2017 selection process to GBG Selection & Pub of the Year page
Updated July 5, 2015
Added picture of the Beccles Caxton Club CotY 2015 presentation
Updated July 2, 2015
Added pictures of the Mariners Rest, Lowestoft Cider PotY 2015 presentation and Stanford Arms, Lowestoft PotY 2015 presentation
Updated May 24, 2015
Added pictures of the Rural Pub of the Year 2015 presentation to the Star, Wenhaston May 2015
Updated March 31, 2015
Twitter / NESuffolkCAMRA
Follow NESuffolkCAMRA on twitter
- Wednesday, 20:31 : A couple of photos of some of the North East Suffolk gang from today's excellent visit to #nwaf2017 @WinterAlesFest pic.twitter.com/J57hz7t89O
- Monday, 19:45 : it's our branch trip to @WinterAlesFest this Weds. We're aiming at getting there for 12. In the hall we'll be by the stage area!
- Sunday, 16:43 : CAMRA Young Members East Anglia are meeting for their @WinterAlesFest Social this coming Sat at St Andrews Brewhouse. Meet from 12 onwards.
- Thursday 16th February, 10:14 : Great time had yesterday in Halesworth! Our next social is an outing to @WinterAlesFest next Weds. More details here:facebook.com/events/2503191…
- Wednesday 15th February, 15:17 : Now @AngelHalesworth enjoying standard @Adnams range but also have number eight from @longmanbrewery which is being enjoyed by many.
- Wednesday 15th February, 15:16 : That was a very good pint. Considering I called the pub the White Horse and not the White Swan! Apologies! twitter.com/nesuffolkcamra…
- Wednesday 15th February, 14:25 : Mild @StPetersBrewery at the White Horse in Halesworth. A very good pint pic.twitter.com/VBdmHCBpN0
- Wednesday 15th February, 13:41 : Now in White Hart Halesworth. Standard @Adnams range and @Fullers London Pride which is in good nick.
- Wednesday 15th February, 13:34 : We've been to the Triple Plea where good pints of @WoodfordesAle Wherry and house ale Triple Tattle (made by GK) we… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Wednesday 15th February, 09:49 : Mid-Month Meander today around Halesworth. Meeting at the Triple Plea at 12. All welcome.
- Monday 13th February, 10:12 : This Thursday we are in Halesworth for our Mid-Month Meander! We're meeting at 1pm at the Triple Plea. Come and join us!
- Monday 13th February, 10:11 : It certainly was! twitter.com/TerryBullen/st…
- Monday 13th February, 10:10 : The Pheasant stew was legendary. twitter.com/gillduane/stat…
- Thursday 9th February, 06:29 : RT @TerryBullen: Really looking forward to the @NESuffolkCAMRA annual branch meal on Saturday at @StanfordArmsPub #puboftheyear #finalist #realale
- Wednesday 8th February, 14:28 : This Sat we're @StanfordArmsPub for our annual branch meal. The meal is fully booked but we'll be there for the aft… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Monday 23rd January, 18:53 : RT @wscBeer: East Anglian Beer & Cider Festival 19-22 April 2017, Apex, Bury St Edmunds. Provisional beer & cider list Tweeting… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Monday 23rd January, 18:03 : RT @ElyBeerFestival: The 8th Elysian winter beer festival preparations are well under way for the coming weekend #realale. #camra. #ely pic.twitter.com/eu4AWp7Z6a
- Sunday 22nd January, 11:33 : RT @WinterAlesFest: Hope our followers have kept the dates 21sr to 25th Feb free to visit us - re-tweet if you are coming or hoping to… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Friday 20th January, 18:34 : Happening tomorrow! twitter.com/nesuffolkcamra…