Welcome to the website of the North East Suffolk Branch of CAMRA
The NE Suffolk CAMRA branch meets at least once a month and this is usually on a Saturday.
We try to visit places served by public transport and we hope to continue getting the excellent attendances we have experienced to date. Start times are given as a guide and public transport connections are taken into account before starting any formal proceedings.
We have started a
Mid Month Meander in order to survey all the pubs in the branch area. Look out for these and join us if you can.
Branch socials and meetings are shown in the Branch Diary and Branch Events pages. They are also mentioned in
What's Brewing and should appear in
Last Orders, the newsletter of the Suffolk & North Essex CAMRA branches. Beer festivals run by pubs can be found listed on the Pub Events page.
What's New on the web site
Updated Dec 23, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Oct-Dec 2016 added to Branch News
Updated Dec 11, 2016
Voting form for GBG 2018 branch allocation added to Members' Area
Updated Nov 28, 2016
Stanford Arms, Lowestoft named by CAMRA as one of four finalists in its search for the best pub in Britain - see Branch News
Updated Oct 3, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Jul-Sep 2016 added to Branch News
Updated Sep 23, 2016
Stanford Arms, Lowestoft named by CAMRA as best pub in East Anglia - see Branch News
Updated Sep 23, 2016
Branch socials for Nov16-Jan17 added to Branch Events
Updated Sep 16, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Apr-Jun 2016 added to Branch News
Updated Jun 29, 2016
Branch socials for Aug-Oct 2016 added to Branch Events
Updated May 9, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Jan-Mar 2016 added to Branch News
Updated April 6, 2016
- Added a link to our new Twitter feed.
- Changed Facebook link to our new Facebook group
- Added a picture of our Young Members Officer, Chris Stone
- Added Trinity Ales to the list of local breweries and added our definition of LocAle
- Corrected link to Mid Anglia Branch website
Updated April 2, 2016
News about the branch social media accounts added to Branch News
Updated April 1, 2016
Branch socials for Apr-Jul 2016 added to Branch Events
Updated March 12, 2016
Added Pubs of The Year in Branch News
Updated Jan 2, 2016
Added Good Beer Guide 2017 voting form to Members' Area
Updated Nov 2, 2015
Added details of branch socials and AGM to Branch Events page
Updated Nov 1, 2015
Added details of GBG 2017 selection process to GBG Selection & Pub of the Year page
Updated July 5, 2015
Added picture of the Beccles Caxton Club CotY 2015 presentation
Updated July 2, 2015
Added pictures of the Mariners Rest, Lowestoft Cider PotY 2015 presentation and Stanford Arms, Lowestoft PotY 2015 presentation
Updated May 24, 2015
Added pictures of the Rural Pub of the Year 2015 presentation to the Star, Wenhaston May 2015
Updated March 31, 2015
Twitter / NESuffolkCAMRA
Follow NESuffolkCAMRA on twitter
- Wednesday, 07:05 : Just to clarify, this is happening at the Joseph Conrad Lowestoft twitter.com/nesuffolkcamra…
- Wednesday, 06:38 : Happening today! Come along twitter.com/nesuffolkcamra…
- Sunday, 10:41 : RT @GraemeReece: Announcement time: Upgrade to cold-store in progress. Casks coming soon. Cask brews will be unfiltered & unfined. Get ordering!
- Friday 17th March, 20:43 : From 1-5pm This Wednesday CAMRA branch members are being offered £1.99 a pint, 20% off food & tour of cellar. So if you're free come along!
- Friday 17th March, 20:41 : We've received an invitation to Joseph Conrad in Lowestoft this coming Wednesday afternoon! @thejctweet info in the next couple of tweets!
- Saturday 11th March, 12:29 : About to commence branch AGM. Worthingtons White Shield on cask. Lovely drop! pic.twitter.com/dioXM7X0Ew
- Saturday 11th March, 06:13 : Happening today! twitter.com/nesuffolkcamra…
- Monday 6th March, 18:57 : Also, here's a list of our upcoming events in March and April. pic.twitter.com/qDxbShbJa2
- Monday 6th March, 18:55 : For those travelling by train to the AGM this Saturday please note there is replacement bus service between Saxmund… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Monday 6th March, 18:52 : It's our AGM this Saturday. Starting at Caxton Club Beccles at 1pm. The club's open from 12pm. Please come along and share your thoughts!
- Saturday 25th February, 14:53 : RT @SouthHertsCAMRA: A successful turnout of East Anglia Young Members at the National Winter Ales Festival! @CambridgeCAMRA… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Saturday 25th February, 13:07 : This ugly mug (the young member rep for East Anglia) has arrived @WinterAlesFest I'm up in Blackfriars to start. Co… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Wednesday 22nd February, 20:31 : A couple of photos of some of the North East Suffolk gang from today's excellent visit to #nwaf2017 @WinterAlesFest pic.twitter.com/J57hz7t89O
- Monday 20th February, 19:45 : it's our branch trip to @WinterAlesFest this Weds. We're aiming at getting there for 12. In the hall we'll be by the stage area!
- Sunday 19th February, 16:43 : CAMRA Young Members East Anglia are meeting for their @WinterAlesFest Social this coming Sat at St Andrews Brewhouse. Meet from 12 onwards.
- Thursday 16th February, 10:14 : Great time had yesterday in Halesworth! Our next social is an outing to @WinterAlesFest next Weds. More details here:facebook.com/events/2503191…
- Wednesday 15th February, 15:17 : Now @AngelHalesworth enjoying standard @Adnams range but also have number eight from @longmanbrewery which is being enjoyed by many.
- Wednesday 15th February, 15:16 : That was a very good pint. Considering I called the pub the White Horse and not the White Swan! Apologies! twitter.com/nesuffolkcamra…
- Wednesday 15th February, 14:25 : Mild @StPetersBrewery at the White Horse in Halesworth. A very good pint pic.twitter.com/VBdmHCBpN0