Welcome to the website of the North East Suffolk Branch of CAMRA
The NE Suffolk CAMRA branch meets at least once a month and this is usually on a Saturday.
We try to visit places served by public transport and we hope to continue getting the excellent attendances we have experienced to date. Start times are given as a guide and public transport connections are taken into account before starting any formal proceedings.
We have started a
Mid Month Meander in order to survey all the pubs in the branch area. Look out for these and join us if you can.
Branch socials and meetings are shown in the Branch Diary and Branch Events pages. They are also mentioned in
What's Brewing and should appear in
Last Orders, the newsletter of the Suffolk & North Essex CAMRA branches. Beer festivals run by pubs can be found listed on the Pub Events page.
What's New on the web site
Updated April 11, 2017
Adnams gets Gold in the Champion Beers of East Anglia - see Branch News
Updated Mar 29, 2017
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Jan-Mar 2017 added to Branch News and branch socials up to July 2017 added to Branch Events
Updated Dec 23, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Oct-Dec 2016 added to Branch News
Updated Dec 11, 2016
Voting form for GBG 2018 branch allocation added to Members' Area
Updated Nov 28, 2016
Stanford Arms, Lowestoft named by CAMRA as one of four finalists in its search for the best pub in Britain - see Branch News
Updated Oct 3, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Jul-Sep 2016 added to Branch News
Updated Sep 23, 2016
Stanford Arms, Lowestoft named by CAMRA as best pub in East Anglia - see Branch News
Updated Sep 23, 2016
Branch socials for Nov16-Jan17 added to Branch Events
Updated Sep 16, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Apr-Jun 2016 added to Branch News
Updated Jun 29, 2016
Branch socials for Aug-Oct 2016 added to Branch Events
Updated May 9, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Jan-Mar 2016 added to Branch News
Updated April 6, 2016
- Added a link to our new Twitter feed.
- Changed Facebook link to our new Facebook group
- Added a picture of our Young Members Officer, Chris Stone
- Added Trinity Ales to the list of local breweries and added our definition of LocAle
- Corrected link to Mid Anglia Branch website
Updated April 2, 2016
News about the branch social media accounts added to Branch News
Updated April 1, 2016
Branch socials for Apr-Jul 2016 added to Branch Events
Updated March 12, 2016
Added Pubs of The Year in Branch News
Updated Jan 2, 2016
Added Good Beer Guide 2017 voting form to Members' Area
Updated Nov 2, 2015
Added details of branch socials and AGM to Branch Events page
Updated Nov 1, 2015
Added details of GBG 2017 selection process to GBG Selection & Pub of the Year page
Updated July 5, 2015
Added picture of the Beccles Caxton Club CotY 2015 presentation
Updated July 2, 2015
Added pictures of the Mariners Rest, Lowestoft Cider PotY 2015 presentation and Stanford Arms, Lowestoft PotY 2015 presentation
Updated May 24, 2015
Added pictures of the Rural Pub of the Year 2015 presentation to the Star, Wenhaston May 2015
Updated March 31, 2015
Twitter / NESuffolkCAMRA
Follow NESuffolkCAMRA on twitter
- Wednesday 19th April, 18:40 : There's a CAMRA Young Members East Anglia Social taking place at #eabeer2017 this Saturday .@wscBeer Details here: facebook.com/events/1663286…
- Tuesday 11th April, 20:59 : If there are Easter Beer Festivals you feel need mentioning, please let us know! twitter.com/nesuffolkcamra…
- Tuesday 11th April, 20:58 : There are many other fests taking place in our branch this weekend. to highlight a few: @TheHorseshoes @shadingfieldfox & @thetriangletav
- Tuesday 11th April, 20:48 : On Saturday we'll also be presenting the @StanfordArmsPub with their Pub of the Year Award!
- Tuesday 11th April, 20:46 : This Saturday we're having a social @StanfordArmsPub for their Easter Beer Fest. Meeting at 12. Come and say hello!
- Tuesday 11th April, 20:44 : Champion Beer Awards recently presented to @Adnams & @Solebear by Tony our Brewery liaison officer and Mike our cha… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Saturday 1st April, 15:35 : Quick correction: @BoxSteamBrewery twitter.com/nesuffolkcamra…
- Saturday 1st April, 15:31 : Now at the Caxton Arms beers from @GreatOakleyBrew @caledonianbeer & steam brewery . Double Dark @caledonianbeer is superb!
- Saturday 1st April, 14:55 : Now Bear and Bells Beccles. @Wadworth 6x and @Adnams Bitter on.
- Saturday 1st April, 14:16 : We're now @waveneyhouse decent pint of @LaconsBrewery Legacy. pic.twitter.com/uFZQMagNaj
- Saturday 1st April, 13:32 : Now at Graze Beccles (formerly White Horse) London Pride and Wherry on. pic.twitter.com/ntdYXRWR1b
- Saturday 1st April, 12:36 : Still @Butchersarms1 I'm now on the textbook of best bitters which is @BarrellSellers pic.twitter.com/wiFZjDdazA
- Saturday 1st April, 12:16 : Now @Butchersarms1 6 Ales on. Starting with @StPetersBrewery golden ale which is in great condition.
- Saturday 1st April, 11:27 : Today's our Beccles Pub Crawl. We will be in the @Butchersarms1 from 12. Come and say hello! #Beccles
- Thursday 23rd March, 06:32 : RT @NESuffolkCAMRA: Our next event is a social around Beccles on Saturday 1st of April. We're starting at 12pm @Butchersarms1
- Thursday 23rd March, 06:32 : Our next event is a social around Beccles on Saturday 1st of April. We're starting at 12pm @Butchersarms1
- Thursday 23rd March, 06:30 : A good afternoon had at the Joseph Conrad yesterday. Thanks to Ryan for hospitality. @thejctweet
- Wednesday 22nd March, 07:05 : Just to clarify, this is happening at the Joseph Conrad Lowestoft twitter.com/nesuffolkcamra…
- Wednesday 22nd March, 06:38 : Happening today! Come along twitter.com/nesuffolkcamra…