Welcome to the website of the North East Suffolk Branch of CAMRA
The NE Suffolk CAMRA branch meets at least once a month and this is usually on a Saturday.
We try to visit places served by public transport and we hope to continue getting the excellent attendances we have experienced to date. Start times are given as a guide and public transport connections are taken into account before starting any formal proceedings.
We have started a
Mid Month Meander in order to survey all the pubs in the branch area. Look out for these and join us if you can.
Branch socials and meetings are shown in the Branch Diary and Branch Events pages. They are also mentioned in
What's Brewing and should appear in
Last Orders, the newsletter of the Suffolk & North Essex CAMRA branches. Beer festivals run by pubs can be found listed on the Pub Events page.
What's New on the web site
Updated Jun 29, 2016
Branch socials for Aug-Oct 2016 added to Branch Events
Updated May 9, 2016
North East Suffolk branch socials report for Jan-Mar 2016 added to Branch News
Updated April 6, 2016
- Added a link to our new Twitter feed.
- Changed Facebook link to our new Facebook group
- Added a picture of our Young Members Officer, Chris Stone
- Added Trinity Ales to the list of local breweries and added our definition of LocAle
- Corrected link to Mid Anglia Branch website
Updated April 2, 2016
News about the branch social media accounts added to Branch News
Updated April 1, 2016
Branch socials for Apr-Jul 2016 added to Branch Events
Updated March 12, 2016
Added Pubs of The Year in Branch News
Updated Jan 2, 2016
Added Good Beer Guide 2017 voting form to Members' Area
Updated Nov 2, 2015
Added details of branch socials and AGM to Branch Events page
Updated Nov 1, 2015
Added details of GBG 2017 selection process to GBG Selection & Pub of the Year page
Updated July 5, 2015
Added picture of the Beccles Caxton Club CotY 2015 presentation
Updated July 2, 2015
Added pictures of the Mariners Rest, Lowestoft Cider PotY 2015 presentation and Stanford Arms, Lowestoft PotY 2015 presentation
Updated May 24, 2015
Added pictures of the Rural Pub of the Year 2015 presentation to the Star, Wenhaston May 2015
Updated March 31, 2015
Twitter / NESuffolkCAMRA
Follow NESuffolkCAMRA on twitter
- Tuesday 23rd August, 19:00 : We're at the Norman Warrior in Lowestoft for their beer festival this Saturday from 12. All welcome.
- Monday 22nd August, 10:27 : If you're a @CAMRA_Official member. A new revitalisation survey is out. Complete it at surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CAMRARPS2
- Wednesday 17th August, 19:18 : A few photos from today's Meander! pic.twitter.com/3Xvl4yK02Z
- Wednesday 17th August, 16:44 : Off home after a great afternoon in Walberswick & Southwold. If you couldn't join us today here's what's coming up: pic.twitter.com/qnB1no0xjN
- Wednesday 17th August, 15:57 : Now enjoying an outstanding half of @Adnams Broadside at the Red Lion Southwold. pic.twitter.com/MGD9dDAuPw
- Wednesday 17th August, 14:52 : We're now @HarbourInnSwold @Adnams bitter in good condition. pic.twitter.com/rRXk8wRdQP
- Wednesday 17th August, 13:50 : We're pleased with the quality of the beers here @WalberswickBell
- Wednesday 17th August, 13:19 : Enjoying the weather and the beer today @AnchoratWalbers pic.twitter.com/BA6FJpjOtS
- Wednesday 17th August, 13:14 : We're now @WalberswickBell enjoying @Adnams Mosaic.
- Wednesday 17th August, 12:47 : Now on @Adnams broadside @AnchoratWalbers in fairly good condition. pic.twitter.com/v2rStyzhxO
- Wednesday 17th August, 12:00 : We've arrived at Walberswick Anchor! Starting with a pint of @Adnams Ghost Ship £3.90 pic.twitter.com/BjhIGikGgA
- Wednesday 17th August, 10:09 : Good morning. We're at the Walberswick Anchor from 12 today. We're then off to the Bell and then over to Southwold. All welcome.
- Tuesday 16th August, 20:18 : And apologies for the late tweet. I thought I'd sent a tweet out Monday. Only just realised my original tweet failed!
- Tuesday 16th August, 20:17 : Tomorrow is our mid month meander! This month we're off to Walberswick! We're meeting at the Anchor from 12. All welcome.
- Monday 8th August, 19:36 : This coming Saturday is our crawl around Carlton Colville. Meet at the Bell at 12. All welcome!
- Wednesday 20th July, 18:10 : Next social for us is Reedham Beer Festival this Saturday. We'll be there from 12. More info on festival can be found on @hdbrewery website!
- Wednesday 20th July, 18:06 : A few photos from today's meander! Good fun had by all! pic.twitter.com/u4N59Qhu3N
- Wednesday 20th July, 17:57 : RT @LucyCous: @CAMRA_Official @NorwichCAMRA @selcamra @NESuffolkCAMRA @WinterAlesFest Help save a pub and get beer for a year! twitter.com/BerneyArmsPub/…
- Tuesday 19th July, 18:06 : We then head onto The Hearts of Oak, Lake Lothing and Mariner's Rest. 2/2 #midmonthmeander
- Tuesday 19th July, 18:03 : Tomorrow it's Mid-Month-Meander time! Starting at Lowestoft's Joseph Conrad at 12. Come and say hello! 1/2